Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Amazing Grace - My Chains Are Gone

As I prepare for my last X-files devotional as a full time youth minster my heart has been heavy with ... everything. Moving, a new church, making new friends, leaving many good friends behind. The dissappointment caused by my leaving, the excitement of moving. The finality of closing this (very long, and productive) chapter in my career. Moving my 11 year-old boy in the middle of his 5th grade year. Requiring a job change for my sweet wife when she loves her job and it makes her feel good about herself. Knowing that this last devotional will be the last deeply serious words that many of these teens will hear from me.

All of this has colored my preparation for Sunday night. I'm excited. I'm also overwhelmed with a form of grief I cannot explain. As I was looking for resources for the upcoming devotional and choosing the songs I want performed by Colter Hettich, sung in worship by the gathered group of students and the ones I want to play for ambient input, I ran across this video my Chris Tomlin. I simplifies it all. No matter how complicated the world may become, this really addresses everything of any real value. Enjoy! Be blessed. Take heart! We've been set free!

No comments: