Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Hard Stuff

October marked the beginning of a new study for the teens (and for me). I guess the curriculum folks decided that October was an appropriate month for a study of Satan, Demons, and Angels. (did I mention my disdain for this month due entirely to the dark-side celebration we continue to support with our money, our children, and our laughter?) What are we thinking. Now I fear someone will think me an old fart for my views.

In any case, class on Sunday went well. The students were engaged as well as one would expect for our early Sunday gathering. At the end of class I showed a Winterfest video of a drama. It used the video to drive home the powers of temptation.



Later that day I encountered a young lady who is struggling with cutting herself. She's early in the game, but has fallen into the cycle of repetitive episodes. I confronted her. She says wants to stop. I am sending her to get help.

Some things I can not carry on my own.

No comments: