Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The LORD is still teaching me patience. Even this statement tells me that his patience endures through example. Michael Taylor, a longtime friend, mentor, and confidant posted a video recently which has been wearing on me. You can read more from Michael at http://michaeltaylor.cc/

I am unable to discern any single purpose for posting this item. I have been affected on many levels. Was I patient with my children as their youthful exuberance repeated questions, not so much to be answered, but as a cry for my attention? Am I listening when others speak, or am I already forming my response, as they speak. Are others as important as "me"? What does my life say to "them"? Are others (thoughts, needs, hurts, desires) not just as pressing as my own?

Ann Voskamp, another of my electronic mentors, (http://www.aholyexperience.com/) relays her thought that every bush is ablaze with the glory of God, if we would but notice. This thought slows me down (on my good days) enough to allow me to see the miracles around me, to hear the magic of sound and explore the unending myriad of color. And see life!

LORD, forgive my selfish impatience. Help me to see the sparrows. Help me to hear and see others. May I embrace the moment, live in the moment, celebrate you in each moment.

Matt 10:28Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29Are not two sparrows sold for a pennyd]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[d]? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

No comments: